how can i get the share of my property?

Father acquired a plot of land when his children were minor. He added the names of minor sons later but not a major daughter. Now sons are major. Father dies without making will. What is the right of each of the three?

Answers (2)

64 votes

Considering you are a Hindu ......... so far the property is purchased by your father you, your brothers and your mother (if alive) are the co-sharers in the property. you can file a suit for partition and get your share in the property. Even though the names of your brothers were included in the property you can claim your share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

153 votes

the father's share in the property shall be divided equally amongst his wife and his children. the daughter will only get her share from her father's share in the property.
Suppose, the father holds 1/2 of the plot of land. The daughter will be able to inherit her share from the 1/2 of the said plot held by her father. She will not be entitled to her brother's share in the property.Since the father has died without making a will, his share in the property will be divided amongst his legal heirs.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles