how can i get the AC removed from my passage?

, i have got a house east facing and 4feet passage south east.i have got all easement rights,i am enjoying this property since 56 years.Now,all of a sudden my southern side neighbour has erected heavy 2feet ac stating he is having 6 inches in this passage and also coverd pvc sheets at the entrance of the

Answers (1)

345 votes

Such a situation is a routine occurrence in most Indian cities and can be dealt with in a straightforward manner. First course of action would be issue a legal notice to your neighbor as a measure of abundant caution. Thereafter a suit for declaration of your right to easement and permanent injunction should be filed before the concerned court. While the suit is pending certain application can be filed to provide you with relief in the meantime. However, in such situations courts usually require the parties to maintain status quo. There may however be additional grounds for you to take. For example, your neighbor may be in violating certain building codes and endangering the safety of the residents by his actions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles