How can i get my share in grandmother's property in Muslim Law

I am an Indian male Muslim, My grandmother has written 50 years before a will that her house to my three brothers and two sister, during that time myself and my youngest sister were not born, half of the house has written to one of my brother and the rest of the house has written to all other brothers (two persons), two sisters. the property is not registered and only with help of lawyer (notary public), they have divided the property (house), they are saying that we (my self and my youngest) are not entitle to get the share the property, Is there any room to get my share accordance with proprty law?

Answers (2)

129 votes

Under Muslim law the property should be divided as per the practice in that religion. Therefore even if the Will is made, whether registered or not, the same is not valid if it is against the tenets of Islam.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

292 votes

1. If the will was made in Chennai, then it would have to be probated. You must have to check whether it was done.
2. You have a right to challenge the will, on the ground that your grandmother had no reason to disown you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles