quesHow can i claim of my share in the property ? Sister interfering.

the property is in the name of me and my brother. but we both have to vacate the house due to the interference of our sister from England. now what can i do to get back into my own house or get my share so that i can buy my own property?

  • ansIf the property is either self acquired by you and your brother or if it willed to you and your brother and it's not ancestral or HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) property then your sister cannot do anything and you SHOULD NOT vacate. If you want your share, u already have it... so the question of buying it does not arise.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansDear Sir,

    The facts area not clear. The property you are talking about is your ancestral property?

    Please provide more details as to nature of property of it is sold owned or ancestral?, whose name appears in records etc.

    Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansThe best way to obtain your share would be to file a partition suit. In this suit, after the parties have proved their right /claim, then the court will direct splitting of the property. The settlement could be by way of selling the property and dividing the money or one party buying out the others.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

The owner of the second floor of my building is running e commerce business in…

agreement to sell of my flat is 9th may in2008. Agreement is registered & stamp…

Hi Team: I have a question with regard to a property which is bought with…

can a girl claim the property if the father died before 2005

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>