Great Grandfather divided property, sold by father without my consent

My Great Grand father bought a propery and before his death he divided it and gave a part of that property to my Grand father. My grand father has 4 children and my father is last one. Grand father divided the property given to him in to 4 shares (one for each child) and wrote a Deed saying, my father can use that property but he dont have permission to sell that property. The permission to sell is given to me only (i.e Son of my father) . But when I was 4 years old, my father sold little part of that property which is 25 years back, saying he is legal guardian and I am minor.. He informed court regarding that and got approval and sold the property.. But he didn't ask my consent or I didn't sign anywhere.. So Do I have any rights to claim that property? My current age is 29.

Answers (2)

181 votes

Sale deed can be challenged only if there are sound legal grounds. If it has been executed by fraud, co ertion etc it can be challenged but one need to prove to the court the grounds on which it is challenged. But in this case, your father got direction from court hence, you need to prove the above-said case cooked up stories.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

59 votes

Dear client

Greetings to you

Hope ur fine

you have the full rights in the property

you can claim ur rights

any further legal help feel free to contact me.

you can also file civil suit.


Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles