grandson's right in grandfathers property

My grandfather has 2 sons and 3 daughter. Now out of which his younger son expired in 2007 in a car accident and i am the only son of his younger son and I am the only son in the family also. The elder son of my grandfather is still alive and he has 3 daughters. I am the only grandson for him, rest all are daughters. Can I put legal case on my grandfather for my right in the property?

Answers (1)

197 votes
If the property you are talking about is your grand father's self acquired property then he has absolute right and freedom to bequeath the property to any body and/or including his legal heirs and if your grand father dies without writing a WILL then all legal heirs would have a share in the property.

So only if the property is ancestral, then you can fight for your share and file a case in the court for attaining your share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles