Grandmom gave proeprty to father.After his death asking property back.

Hi I am a resident of Kolkata west Bengal, this issue is regarding my ancestral property, my grandfather had built the house for his wife and children, but my grand mother refused to give a single part of that property to my father because she wanted to give it all to his younger sons son as he is d heir as per her belief , problems started arising after this between my father and her and we left that house, my father was deeply hurt as it was more for his sentiments for d place rather than the monetary value ,he was heartbroken, my grandmother did give him d ground floor some months ago , they also created a will stating the same, but my father just couldnt bear the initial shock and passed away on February this year, as soon as he passed away the very next day my grandmother and my aunt demanded back the will and other legal documents stating we cnt have it, now my question is ,is there any way that I can claim some part of the property, I dnt have any legal document of the same with me, but in case if there is a way to do so.

Answers (1)

278 votes
Owner cannot alienate any coparcener of the family from ancestral property. Therefore, your father has an undivided share in the ancestral property and should file a suit for partition claiming the same. He will entitled to the same share in the property as his other siblings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles