quesGrandfather's property right to Grandson/son

Grandpa has 4 daughters n one son.I am the grandson(Son's son) My grandfather has an house and agricultural land which he may intend to transfer to his daughter. My grandfather has already given some land to his daughter without my dad's n my consent. Can my grandfather transfer his property to his daughter without my father or my consent? This is self earned property of my grandfather.

  • ans

    If the house and agricultural land is an self acquired property, then your grandfather can transfer the property to whoever he desires.

    However if the property is ancestral property then, as per the Hindu Succession Act  he cannot transfer the property without your consent and your father's consent.

    If the property is ancestral property, we suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby demanding your share and your father share in property.

    In addition to the partition suit you can also file an application for temporary injunction on property that is the  grandfather cannot sell the property till the disposal of suit.


    Click here to find the best Property lawyer in your city.

  • See the video below to know more about this Property legal issue

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My brother Mr.A died on 20th feb.2005 and my mother died on 10th Jan.2007.My mother…

My grand-pa, who is died now, inherited property from his father. My grand-pa got 1…
Is it advisable to buy a petrol pump which is situated on a leased land
SIR we my sister and me made a relinquishment deed in favour of my mother…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly