Grandfather's part of property sold by father and uncle. How to stop?

My grandfather had a property and he past away long time ago now my uncles and my father had sold it half of it, so now i have a question is that do i have any right to stop them from selling the property?

Answers (2)

259 votes

Yes, you do have a right in the property as it is ancestral property as far as you are concerned. I am assuming that your family is Hindu. You need to file a suit for partition to have the property divided after which you would get your respective share in it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

Yes you have the right to restrain them from selling the property. This can be done by filing a suit for declaration of your share in the property and, getting an injunction, assuming there was no will executed by your grandfather and you belong to a Hindu family.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles