Grandfather tenant of shop. Do we have share in that property also?

Sir, My grandfather has a shop of general store in a good locality in kolkata.when he passed away the property transfered in the name of my Uncle(My father's Elder brother) and my father.Since 1984 my uncle is running that shop.since then we have not taken a single penny from that place.Now we want to take half of the property from him which he is not willing to give.the rent of the property is deposited in reign control because of the problem with landlord.the Bill is in the name of both(my father and my uncle). so i request you to give some suggestion for getting that property.

The share in the property only comes in existences if your grandfather was the owner.

Since the property is on  rent therefore you cannot claim right in the property because you are a tenant in the said property.