Grandfather tenant of shop. Do we have share in that property also?

Sir, My grandfather has a shop of general store in a good locality in kolkata.when he passed away the property transfered in the name of my Uncle(My father's Elder brother) and my father.Since 1984 my uncle is running that shop.since then we have not taken a single penny from that place.Now we want to take half of the property from him which he is not willing to give.the rent of the property is deposited in reign control because of the problem with landlord.the Bill is in the name of both(my father and my uncle). so i request you to give some suggestion for getting that property.

Answers (1)

302 votes

The share in the property only comes in existences if your grandfather was the owner.

Since the property is on  rent therefore you cannot claim right in the property because you are a tenant in the said property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles