Grandfather not giving father's share of property due to conflict

In my case, a land was purchased in 1977 in my father's name by my grand father. My father is eldest son among seven. My father was managing the family business and family property and documents since other were studying. With the passes of time due to some conflicts in family my father left everything, took loan from Bank and started his own business on a rented land . Now my grand father who is over 70 years is distributing his property among his sons except my father, blaming him that you may have stollen money when you were in control. My grand father possess more than 10 land ownership. My father thought that he is already having one property in his name so we can live with it. But when i checked at registrar office , my father's name was missing and it state that my grand father is owing this property. My father is sure that land was in his name since he use to manage all family document earlier. I want some guidance in this scenario, how can i get my share in family and the land

Answers (1)

Sir, at the outset let me apprise you that one has no right in their father's property till it is mentioned in the will or the father out of his own wish gives it or dies without writing a will. Your property does not come under ancestral property. So for the nine properties you cannot force your father or lawfully get any remedy. For the property which was in the name of your father, you can firstly file an application under Right to Information Act querying about the status and transfer of the property. The reply under RTI would get you the information as to when the title changed. It is from that reply you can make a case and file for declaration of title i.e. Title Suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Self and mother had given a NOC to elder brother to proceed with our legal case related to ancestral I I property in Tumkur now that the case is comin…

Read More

Hi, After death of my Grand Father the property got transferred to my Grand Mother and later she passed it to her 3 Sons through a gift deed. It is a …

Read More

My grandfather had some property. He had 3 sons of which my father was the eldest, the youngest one sold all the property without the consent of any o…

Read More

My ancestor having property in 1941 after that some one captured in 1985, in 2006 they registered with fake documents, we have some evidences for that…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue