×

Grandfather not giving father's share of property due to conflict

In my case, a land was purchased in 1977 in my father's name by my grand father. My father is eldest son among seven. My father was managing the family business and family property and documents since other were studying. With the passes of time due to some conflicts in family my father left everything, took loan from Bank and started his own business on a rented land . Now my grand father who is over 70 years is distributing his property among his sons except my father, blaming him that you may have stollen money when you were in control. My grand father possess more than 10 land ownership. My father thought that he is already having one property in his name so we can live with it. But when i checked at registrar office , my father's name was missing and it state that my grand father is owing this property. My father is sure that land was in his name since he use to manage all family document earlier. I want some guidance in this scenario, how can i get my share in family and the land

Sir, at the outset let me apprise you that one has no right in their father's property till it is mentioned in the will or the father out of his own wish gives it or dies without writing a will. Your property does not come under ancestral property. So for the nine properties you cannot force your father or lawfully get any remedy. For the property which was in the name of your father, you can firstly file an application under Right to Information Act querying about the status and transfer of the property. The reply under RTI would get you the information as to when the title changed. It is from that reply you can make a case and file for declaration of title i.e. Title Suit.