grandfather died w/o will- dispute on share of property

My grandfather died 2 years ago without a will.The legal claimants of his property are my grandmother, her 3 sons(including my father) and two daughters. My father,grandmother and 1 uncles and the 2 aunts had decided to sell off the property but one uncle does not want to sell it. As the property is undivided we need to sell it for getting our share. So,can we claim the partition of property so that each heir can use his share in his own way. The property consist of a house and some land behind it. Since, the property is small but valuable(2 crores).How can it be divided ?

Answers (1)

104 votes
Since there is no consensus among all the share holders towards selling the property all the share holders desirous of selling the property may file a suit for partition to call out their respective shares in the property.

Once the property is divided in this manner it can be sold by them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles