Grandfather died want to claim his property and pension

09-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Sir, I am Hindu (bhumihar). I had lost my grandfather and father. My grandfather was a government employee, after his death my grandmother started getting pension and half of property(land) is on his name. She has two daughters both are married in well prosperous family. My father has one son and two daughters unmarried without any job.My father was also an advocate. But he was not govt. Employee. After his death my grandmother always threat us not to give that property which is on her name as well as her pension. She always threat to give that property to her daughter. As we have no source of income for living. Plz advice me for this what to do.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
669 votes
Your Grandmother has full right on the Pension & the Property in her name. You have no legal right to claim neither on her pension nor on her property. If she files a registered will in an Indian Court than even after her death you won't be able to claim your rights on her property or pension amount, but in case if she dies without making any registered will than you can claim your right after her death.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."