×

quesGrandfather bought property and gave it son by Will. Grandson's share?

My cousin brother has dispute with his parents. His grandfather bought some property. His father got the property from the grandfather through Will. Does he have any share in the property?

• ansAs per the information provided it seems that the property is the self acquired property of the grandfather and the same was bequeathed by him to his son by way of Will. Therefore, the property cannot be said to be an ancestral property. As such in view of the codified Hindu Laws and other property laws, the grandson has no right in the said property during the life time of the beneficiary of the said Will (father) .

Advocate Sanjay Kumar Tyagi

Vaishali, Ghaziabad

• ansAny property bought with own money can be bequethed to anyone even to a stranger.
    Your friend have no right in it. However, the genuineness of will can be challanged in court by saying that it is a forged bill.

Advocate Rajat Bindal

District Court, Bareilly, Bareilly

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services