Grandfather and his sons died without dividing property. How to claim?

My grandfathers land and building remains undivided among his three sons.Now my grand and his three has expired. Now how the division will take place and what will be the tenure and legal procudure

Answers (1)

293 votes
You can file a suit for partition in the local court of jurisdiction. The division will take place as per the Hindu Succession Act depending on the number of coparceners. Coparceners are persons who share equally with others in the inheritance of an undivided estate or in the rights to it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles