Got Encumbrance certificate online. Does it differ from manual EC?

I have taken an online EC for a particular survey number in which the seller name from whom i propose to buy a land now not available whereas my brother got a manual EC from concern area registrar office where it contains the seller name. The question is why the online EC and manual EC differs? Is this ok to believe the manual EC? Moreover the seller buys the land in the year 2010.

Online EC is available from 1.1.1986/87, Prior to that only manual EC available, it has to be searched by a person and it will be given to you. Since your query is not clear.
I assume that you have searched the particular survey number from your Home PC, and your brother has applied in the sub registrar office. If my assumption is correct, the following is the answer;
The Online View was recently provided to the public, in that there may be some mistakes or the person who have updated would not have updated properly or you would not have given proper details. Better to apply and get from Sub Registrar office.

If the manual EC and the online EC differ from each other, there should be some omission in the data entry by the department hence some transactions are not reflecting in the EC. However, without informing your brother you can apply for EC from the REgistrar department once again and cross verify the details after which you can confirm the details by a proper opinion from a local advocate.