Goons took over my land and destroyed all papers relating to it.

In my village I own a 4 hectre land adjacent to my village. Some gunda type people managed some staff member of taluka land records office and demolished the papers related to my land records and they encroached in my land. I wrote to yhe higher authorities about my complaint but no one heard me. Atlast I wrote on Aaple sarkar web portal.. Then my complaint was attended and my papers for land measurement were newly prepared and at last my land was measured and encroachment was marked on the map. but some people have built some part of their building in my land. They have encroached in my land by crossing their city survey limits. I could no t object them when they built as there were no papers in the land records office and my land could not be measured. Now I want to know whether I can gat back my encroached land which measures 10 gunthas or 10 are. legally. The encroachers are 14 in number. Some have surrendered and given me written possession on 100 Rs. stamp paper and permitted me to build compound wall according to my land area. but some people are adament and are reluctant to vacate. My advocate has asked me to file a suit against them in sub divissional revenue officers court. So please guide me is my advocate correct ? and the encroachment is since 5 years.

Answers (1)

135 votes
As your legal documents related to land are complete you can file a suit against them as advised by your advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles