Goons took over my land and destroyed all papers relating to it.

In my village I own a 4 hectre land adjacent to my village. Some gunda type people managed some staff member of taluka land records office and demolished the papers related to my land records and they encroached in my land. I wrote to yhe higher authorities about my complaint but no one heard me. Atlast I wrote on Aaple sarkar web portal.. Then my complaint was attended and my papers for land measurement were newly prepared and at last my land was measured and encroachment was marked on the map. but some people have built some part of their building in my land. They have encroached in my land by crossing their city survey limits. I could no t object them when they built as there were no papers in the land records office and my land could not be measured. Now I want to know whether I can gat back my encroached land which measures 10 gunthas or 10 are. legally. The encroachers are 14 in number. Some have surrendered and given me written possession on 100 Rs. stamp paper and permitted me to build compound wall according to my land area. but some people are adament and are reluctant to vacate. My advocate has asked me to file a suit against them in sub divissional revenue officers court. So please guide me is my advocate correct ? and the encroachment is since 5 years.

As your legal documents related to land are complete you can file a suit against them as advised by your advocate.