Going to buy a property and it doesn't have conversion sanad

I am looking at buying residential property in quepem village south goa. I am not a goa citizen.The plot under consideration was bought during portuguese time and has been inherited /gifted by partitioning over 4 generations. Conversion Sanad is not available although construction permission for house is available. Is it a safe investment and can I apply for a conversion sanad in above taluk/village area. Thanks

Answers (1)

153 votes

It doesn't matter form which state you reside as long you are an Indian Citizen.
Any construction done in the said plot you will have to apply for conversion of Sanad.
Construction license is separate from.snanad

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles