Going to buy a property and it doesn't have conversion sanad

I am looking at buying residential property in quepem village south goa. I am not a goa citizen.The plot under consideration was bought during portuguese time and has been inherited /gifted by partitioning over 4 generations. Conversion Sanad is not available although construction permission for house is available. Is it a safe investment and can I apply for a conversion sanad in above taluk/village area. Thanks

It doesn't matter form which state you reside as long you are an Indian Citizen.
Any construction done in the said plot you will have to apply for conversion of Sanad.
Construction license is separate from.snanad

LH House, Bangalore