Given token for a property, but now I don't want to buy that property

I have given token money of Rs. 1 Lakh to buy a property to a dealer using a cheque. Only 2 two business days has passed and now I want don't want to buy that property. Dealer is not ready to give a single rupee back. Is there any legal way by which I can get back my money?

Answers (1)

124 votes

Send a legal notice to the developer asking for refund followed by a criminal complaint for cheating and consumer complaint for refund of money and damages. This is a regular illegal practice by the developer , however if handled rightly the money will be refunded.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles