Given token for a property, but now I don't want to buy that property

I have given token money of Rs. 1 Lakh to buy a property to a dealer using a cheque. Only 2 two business days has passed and now I want don't want to buy that property. Dealer is not ready to give a single rupee back. Is there any legal way by which I can get back my money?

Send a legal notice to the developer asking for refund followed by a criminal complaint for cheating and consumer complaint for refund of money and damages. This is a regular illegal practice by the developer , however if handled rightly the money will be refunded.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli