×

quesgifted property but not registered - can one purchase

Whether property received in gift without registering the deed can be purchased from the person who has received it? Whether it will effect the registration process if purchased? Whether the person holding POA do have rights to sale the property and if so then could the Sale deed be registered?

• ansNo don't purchase the property, gift deed has to be stamped and registered. In your case the gift deed is not registered.

So avoid purchasing the property, whether POA is registered or whether it is given in favour of close family relative. In such a case POA can sell the property and sale deed should be duly stamped and registered .