Gift Of Residential Property Father To Son

Please advise if stamp duty you required to be paid is the gift is made of a residential flat from father to son

Answers (2)

177 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Yes you will have to stamp duty;
2. This will be at the rate of 3%;
3. If your son is co-onwer then you need to execute release deed;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

129 votes

Respected sir,

of your property is located at Mumbai and father wish to gift to son then you have to pay 1% stamp duty of present market value of the property and 200/- as registration fee, gift deed has to be registered

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles