Gift Deed Property Transfer To Wife

If I transfer my property of 40lakh to my wife through gift deed ,what would be the charges/cost involved.Who can help me with this transaction.

Answers (3)

107 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Draft a gift deed through your lawyer;
2. You will have to pay stamp duty and registration fees;
3. You will have to register at office of sub registrar;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

If you want to make a gift deed of the property based in maharashtra, 1% plus further registration cost will be applicable if its done between husband and wife.
Do let us know where is the property based ?

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
263 votes

Respected sir

if you wish to transfer your property in mumbai to your wife through gift deed then you have to pay 1% stamp duty of market value of your flat and has to registered the same.

Execution of documents depends on state law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles