Gave our share to mother. Is she entitled to 3/4th share? 4 heirs?

We 4 legal heirs have been accepting rent since the last 1 year. We two brothers had released our share to our mother and let her to get 3/4 share of rent from our eldest brother. But now my mother wants to get her 3/4 separately as my eldest brother started delaying and troubling her.

Our Mother took a step and asked the tenant to provide 3/4 shares to her and rest 1/4 to her eldest son which the tenant refused. Please tell me that how can mother collect her 3/4 rent or full amount? 

Does she has right to get rent in above 3/4 break-up?

Answers (1)

167 votes

Firstly you need to revoke the authorization provided to your eldest brother for the collection of rent.

Thereafter, you should execute a memorandum of understanding with the tenant stating that the rent shall be collected by your mother and she shall be entitled to retain 3/4th share while 1/4th share shall be given by your mother to your eldest brother.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles