Flat in joint ownership who will get my share after my death

The apartment I have been living for last 26 years has my brothers name as a second share holder. He has his own apartment bought when he got married. But now he refuses to sign. What will hapen after my death. Will the property go to my family. Is there a way out of this. Can i add my wife a nominee after me. Pls help

Answers (1)

86 votes

Even you can make a will that who r ur legal heirs n how ur share of the property will be devolved amongst them. Your share will be urs n will b get devolved amongst ur legal heirs as per law or as per conditions, if any, laid by you in ur will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles