flat buyer purchase agreement. Please guide me.

Flat Buyer purchase Agreement- I had purchased shop from builder in 1976 in New Delhi. He handed over possession to me with possession letter dated 1982 stating that the possession was given to me in dec 1978 & also stated that I have paid him full consideration for it. I do not have flat buyer purchase agreement. Now I think my matter will come under sec 53A of T.P. act? I think sale deed cannot be made as it is DDA lease hold property. Now I want to approach the builder and ask him to sign the flat buyer purchase agreement which will have to be registered.From which period time will began to run(period of limitation) againt me for signing the purchase agreement as I want to ask the builder to sign the purchase agreement now.Kindly inform under which article of limitation act it will come.

Answers (2)

152 votes

Dear Querist,
There is no issue of limitation, you need to worry in your case. You need to initiate proceeding against builder in order to complete the sale and get it freehold subsequently. You initiate it with sending a legal notice. Further opinion can only be expressed after perusing through your documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

144 votes

Hello, kindly share your all documents and registration papers, so I can understand better your case. I need to study this case first and yes legal possibilities are there.
Jayatee Chatterjee
Solicitor/ Advocate

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles