Faulty partition of land hindering purchase

A lady has 18acres of land she has three sons divided her property and died she divided 18acres to three of her sons so one son got 6 acres but the problem is She divided it to her sons blindly not mentioning which part belongs to her three sons The three sons has been married and even got sons and daughters who are above 18years I want to buy the land from the last son of 2acres My concern is the second son seems problematic because I got rumours that after the land bought by me He may file a case to claimthat the land bought by me is him's Because the lady has not divided clearly stating that which part of the land belongs to particular son So can I buy the land from 2nd son?

Answers (2)

177 votes

It will lead to unnecessary complications in future if the property is not identified with metes and bounds. Hence you ask your vendor to partition the property among family members before conveyancing the same to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

No it is not advisable to buy the property in the absence of specific share of each brother. They have to file a petition for declaration of specific share of each mentioning the survey No's., boundaries and extents.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles