Father wants to sell house on his name. Are we entitled to a share?

We are 4 people in our family my mom dad younger sister and me. My dad wants to get seprated and he wants to sell the house. House agreement is under his name. For example house value is 50 lac he wants to make to share one he will keep with him self and other one for my mom my younger sister and me. So kindly advise as per Indian law there should be only 2 share or he needs to make 4 share one for himself one for my mom and other two for we two sisters

Answers (1)

163 votes

When father is alive and the said flat is in his name and he has earned it through his own saving he has all right to sell it and dispose the amount as per his choice however his wife and daughter being minor can take protection under domestic violence act 2005

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles