Father sold his property without the consent of his son

Against father's property....father have to sold then son's sign required or not??? That property purchased by father only

Answers (2)

199 votes

if the property is the self acquired there is no need of any one signature in the family and you can claim share only if the property is a joint family property or property devolved upon your father from his ancestors

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

If the property has been purchased by father and is registered in the name of father only, then it becomes his self acquired property and not an ancestral property. A self acquired property can be disposed of in any manner the owner wishes to. Hence, the son's signature is not required and the father can sell the property on his own.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles