Father died leaving behind a property want to claim share in property

We have a flat which my father bought in his and my mother's name. My father passed away 10 years back, but the property is still in their joint name. I have an elder brother and myself and my brother's wife. My brother's wife has occupied the full house and given one room to me and my mother. What action can my mother and me take if we want my brother and his wife to vacate the property.

Answers (1)

98 votes

you have to move to the respective court to do that since your mother is still alive and the property belongs to your mother also. you must move to the respective court to claim the same in order to secure better possession of that flat.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles