Father died interstate now brother's wife harassing mother for share

My mother and father owns half of the house each. Not a ancestral but bought it. My father died. One of the son dies and his wife remarries, takes her two sons with her. Now they are 18+ and sues my mother for their share on the whole house. Mother is offering them their fare share but they are asking for 10X. Case is being delayed in the court for four years now and my mother is getting old 75+ and house is not in livable condition. what can be done?

Answers (2)

86 votes

At first you have to get a G.P.A. and S.P.A from your mother in your name .Thereafter you should contest the suit in a proper manner and rest could be discussed on ly through one o one meeting in details.
Bhuvan Bhalla

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

107 votes

Get a tranfer deed in your favour from your mother so that at least her share is secured . The children has share in the share of their father and not in the entire housre. When you're mother is still alive they can't claim share in her shar. Now remaining half is to be devided by equal share in which you're mother is entitled to one shate you ate entitled to one share amd the children are jointly entiled to one share so be couscous so that evil is nipped in the bud

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles