×

Father bought a land but was unable to register the bond

My father 20 years before bought 800 cents (8 acres) land .that time he dont have enough money to make bond register .so he got the power bond register from landlord after few years my father half of the land 4 acres registered my mother name. But the balance of 4 acres land not yet register but my father was died, the power bond only we have. Now 21 years going what should i do????

After the demise of your father there is no validity in the Power of Attorney. It becomes invalid. However, you can go to the principal who executed the power of attorney in favour of your father. You can explain the circumstances and request him to register the property. But there is a glitch. He has to register the property not only in your name but along with other legal heirs, say in the name of your mother and as well in the name of your siblings.