Family right to property gifted by grandmother to father?

My grandmother gifted her self willed property to my father who is 70 years. Now he is threatening to give away the property to outsiders. What rights does his wife(my mother), son(my bro) or his grand son(my nephew) have to keep the property within the family?

Answers (1)

334 votes

If your grandfather has gifted the property to your father by virtue of Gift Deed ( Gift deed should be registered) then, your father  becomes the owner of the said property and acquires the title by virtue of gift deed. 

Therefore he cannot transfer the property unless the gift deed is challenged.

Further it is very difficult to challenge the gift deed in the court, so until he challenges the Gift deed, he has no right to give the property to anyone.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles