quesDoes non-registration of Deed of Transfer affect my title in property?

I bought a flat through a Deed of Transfer in a Registered Co-operative Society in Andheri East. Stamp duty was paid as per the value of the transaction, however, the document was not registered as per legal advise at that time in 2000, stating it was not compulsory. The Sellers sale deed with the builder is duly registered. The society also transferred the Share Certificates to my name. Now, after 15 years, the society is asking for registration details of the transaction. Please advise if the society is right. Does the non-registration affect future transfer of property?

  • ans

    Please provide complete facts of the case, who advised that registration  of sale deed is not compulsory .

    It is always necessary to register a sale deed. If the society transferred the Share Certificates to your name and after 15 years they are asking for registration details they are not right.

    However we suggest that you should register your agreement or sale deed and duly pay the stamp duty. This will give you title ownership on the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I purchased a self acquired property from one of the legal heir at 2016. The…

My grandfather had a property. After his death my eldest tauji made a sale deed…

im interested in property at versova ,it is a gaothan property but in a apartment…

Respected Sir, We are 4 sisters and 1 brother. All 3 sisters signed donated the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly