quesDoes brother have equal right in property w/o taking care of father?

My father died without writing a will. We are three brothers but none of them except me took care of papaji. Now, they are asking for equal rights in his property. What is the solution?


  • ans

    Assuming you are a Hindu, you will be governed by the Hindu Succession Act. If your father died without a Will, then as per Section 10 of the said Act, all the legal heirs will have equal rights in the property. The Legal heir for your father's property are:


    1. Father's widow,


    2 . Father's mother,


    3. Son and daughter.


    The only solution you have with you is that all the legal heirs relinquishes their share in favor of you by executing a relinquish deed. Further, the relinquish deed needs to be registered before the sub registrar.


  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Respected sir, let me try to reach direct main motive... i want to partation of…

Can the owner of a land selling it via Power Of Attorney sell it to…

While a partition suit is pending before the court, the advocate declined to proceed the…

My grand father died on September 2016. His pension account has no any nomination but…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>