Do daughters have any share in mother's ancestral property

Hi, My mother died in 2006. registered all her property on my name on 2002. the property she has obtained from her father. Her ancestral property. I have one sister and she temporarily stays in my ancestral home. she is well aware of the property transfer. all of sudden she started asking for 50% share and denying to vacate my home and not willing to return my agricultural lands. I am an ex- IAF person and now I want to return to my home town to enjoy my property, which my mother left for me. Can you please, suggest how to get my property? is there any right for my sister in it?

Firstly, it is important to know if your mother has any siblings because as per the rules of Succession under the Hindu Succession Act, your mother and her siblings each shall have equal share in your maternal grandparents property.

Thereafter your siblings and you shall have equal share in your mother's share in case your mother dies intestate.

You and your sister each shall have a equal share in the property. And in case you wish to receive the entire share, you need to get it in writing from your sister that she is ready to transfer her share in your name. In case she wishes to retain her share then it is not possible to stop her from claiming her share.