Distribution of property in family after father's death

Family details- after my fathers death, there are total 5 members in family- Mother, 2 unmarried Daugthers, 1 Married son his wife and one Child (boy). Now my mother wants to separate his son. Assets/ Property Details: -2 Properties (Registered with Deceased Father name) -1 Property ( Registered with my Mother name which was transferred from my grandfather to my mother) - Death benefits paid to my mother i.e Insurance funds/ PF amount/ Gratutity... etc. - Monthly Pension income paid to my mother after fathers death. Please let me know the eligible share for me/ my wife/ my child son.

Answers (1)

485 votes
All the property that is self acquired by the father and all the benefits received after the death of the father will be distributed equally between his wife and children. A partition suit can be filed to distribute the property equally between all the legal heirs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles