×

quesdisposing of mothers property- left without will

Hello Everyone, My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father. My mother was the sole owner of the house. My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child Thanks

• ansIn absence of will, you have to obtain succession certificate from court in favor of all legal heirs, which in your case are you and your father. Now, you can relinquish your rights by making an affidavit in favor of your father if you do not want any share in you mother's property. It might take 4-6 months in the court.

Only then your mother's property can be transferred in name of your father after that you can sell it.