Demand of 50% share on a land property previously settled and agreed

I am the eldest son to my mother & father both are alive and living with me. Next to me is a sister and the last one is my brother. About 5 years back after the demise of my grand mother(mother side) my mother become the owner of her father's(died about 20 years ago) land property of 2400 Sq.Ft . My mother also owned a separate land property of 1800 Sq.Ft. My mother gave her father's land to by brother and her land to me about 5 years back. The disbursement of these properties for me and my brother are documented and registered as well. My sister has given other benefits by my mother. At that time since my brother was in good book of mine, I did not bothered about the difference in land area and the value of said property given to me by my mother and I accepted the same. But now the relationship is strained between me and by brother since he was trying upper handedness over me and I positively decided parting away from him.Please advice me how I can get 50% share of 2400 Sq.Ft land .

Answers (1)

290 votes

No, you have no share in the property of your mothers self acquired property and the property given away by your mother is from her own will and consent and you agreed and got it registered. there is no remedy now to get 50 percent of the land property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles