Daughter in law's right over parent in law's property

I would like to know what are the rights of hindu daughter in law in the property of parent in laws in terms of their self acquired and inhereted property at the time of divorce. While finalising alimony amount can daughter in law claim on that properties for share when parents in law already made their son disavowed from properties.

Answers (2)

158 votes

A daughter in law has no right in the self-acquired and inherited property of her in parent-in-laws.
Her rights are confined to the properties owned either entirely by her or jointly by her and her husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

Daughter in law has can not claim any right over the self-acquired property of the in-laws. However with respect to the inherited property of the in-laws it is only son who has the right to claim. I would like to ask whether you have any child out of wed-lock and whether that on whose custody the child is at-present. Because child gets the right on the inherited property of the in-laws but not the wife.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles