Cutting of tree branches, is it illegal?

We have a agricultural land. I want to build a shed for cows. There is another farmer in the adjacent to my land. There is a tree on his land of whose branches are coming into my land, when i asked him to cut down the branches, he said it is legal. Can i cut the branches of his tree, would it be illegal?

By law, you have the right to trim branches and limbs that extend past the property line.

However, the law only allows tree trimming and tree cutting up to the property line. You may not go onto the neighbor's property or destroy the tree.

If you do harm the tree, you could be found liable for up to three times the value of the tree.