consumer complaint against builder format


I have booked a flat in Unitech Crest View, Gurgaon Oct 2013 and it was to be delivered in May 2017 and till date, the project has not even started and the builder is not returning my money. Where can I file a complaint about project delay? Can I file a consumer complaint?

Answer

Yes, you can file a consumer complaint in the instant matter, for deficiency in services. Delay in possession or non-delivery of flats come within the scope of deficiency of services.

Consumer courts have slapped huge penalties in various matters and assured that the possession of flat is given at the earliest or the entire amount is refunded along with interest and compensation. Consumer courts have awarded exemplary compensation like 65 lakhs along with 18% interest as compensation in the matter of Unitech, Jaypee group was penalized with 12% annual penalty with respect to its NOIDA project. 


There is a three tier machinery for redressal of consumer grievances under the Act. The District Consumer Forum is the initial forum and has jurisdiction to entertain complaints where the value of the house and the compensation if any, claimed does not exceed Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakhs). Where the value of the house and the compensation if any claimed exceeds Rs. 20,00,000 but does not exceed Rupees One crore, the complaints will be entertained by State Consumer Commission which is established in each state. If the value of house and the compensation if any claimed exceeds rupees one crore, the National Commission Disputes Redressal Commission will have the jurisdiction to entertain such complaints.

 
Before filing a consumer complaint you must contact an experienced lawyer who is dealing with property dispute matters. He can assure that you will get compensation for delayed possession along with interest and also that either the entire amount is refunded or you will get the possession of the flat. 


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.


Related Articles


"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can I file case at NCDRC as well as WRIT in HC simultaneously? Against builder..…

Read More

Original alottee has provided haryana registration documents , payment letters and allotment letter from builder , etc for a flat . how to check that …

Read More

I have a query regarding My flat Registry. I registered my flat in May 2016 through my Builder and has a loan against it in Axis bank. Now in July-17,…

Read More

I have a query relating to Registration. The property happens to be underconstruction. I have paid the 20% downpayment and the remaining 80% bring fun…

Read More