Clarification regarding registration of any property get from decree

Does Decree passed by a court after mediation , when it involves transfer of title of a property from Defendant to Plaintiff , would need Registration ? If yes would StampDuty be applicable .

Answers (1)

64 votes

Court decree in the suit involves an Order on the Defendant to transfer the title of the property to Plaintiff in your said case. If the Defendant fails to comply with the said Decree, then the Plaintiff should get it executed through Court.
In any event, such a Decree as in your query absolves the Plaintiff to pay any consideration to the Defendant but however, the PLAINTIFF should pay the requisite Registration Fee and Stamp Duty as prescribed and applicable to any other such transfer.
Yes the Plaintiff has to pay the Registration Fee and Stamp Duty unless the Decree has mandated any other modality or the procedure of execution of such a Decree.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

If the property is self acquired by father and the father died with a Will in fever of step mother ( property given to step mother only ), then marrie…

Read More

Can property be claimed if the papers are not registered …

Read More

I have purchased a agriculture land in Gauribidnur Taluk and I have paid 2 Lacs as advance amount in 2016. No time limit is mentioned in agreement. Th…

Read More

Dear Sir, Our society has appointed a lawyer for the redevelopment project. The fees levied are being charged equally to all flat owners having 520 c…

Read More