Clarification on revocation of gift deed

Hi I am jobless and unable to pay maintenance to my wife. I gifted my sister a property which I am my father held. Can court revoke this gift deed to recover maintenance amount?

Answers (1)

159 votes

No, court will not revoke a gift deed which you have already executed i.e., prior to any dispute between you and your wife or before the petition is instituted before the court. Maintenance is normally decided by the court after due analyse of economic status of the husband and wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Father's ancestor's property is on my mother's name.Also property my father purchased is also in my mother name. Mother never earned money…

Read More

Respected madam/sir A land of 2.46 acres land has been written to my father and my elder paternal uncle by their maternal grandfather. It was written …

Read More

Whether an ancestral property by a Parsi be gifted by a gift deed to one son?…

Read More

Mother is the absolute owner of the property and she made Will deed in 2008 to elder Son and later in 2017 another son made gift deed on the same prop…

Read More