Clarification on partition of ancestral property by village panchayat

The Ancestor property was .partition by village . . pancjayat between my.mather and uncle's sons in 1994 in the absence of my elder brother and me.only my mother & another brother has singed.that time i was admit to hospital for the snake the panchayat parikat was.not satisfied my &family members.what i should i do can i.go to.court.please advise me

Answers (2)

341 votes

I am assuming that the ancestral property that you mention is from your mother's side. Back in 1994, as the law was, your mother would not entitled to a share in the ancestral land, which has changed since 2006, and now with the latest Supreme Court judgment.

Having said that if the ancestral land that you mention has not been sold to third parties since the time they partitioned before the Panchayath, your mother will likely get her share, as that partition is not a registered, and is also not a result of a court decree.

You should speak to a lawyer with the relevant documents so you can get a considered opinion based on which, you can take any action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

See the Panchayat has no authority over the Indian legal process so firstly you are advised to approach the judiciary in your district for any relief.
Secondly, if the property is ancestral then your mother will get a share exactly what your father was entitled to by the court.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles