quesClaiming right over the property inherited by parents

I want to buy a property (House) owned by a woman who inherited the property from her parents. The property is transfered to her name currently, and she has two married daughters.

Do I need to take consent from the daughters, to buy the property? In case I register the property without their consent, can the daughters stake a claim in the property and file a suite against me in court?

  • ansBy which instrument did she inherit the property from her parents? If the inheritance is conclusive in her favor, then her daughters have no right in the property and she can sell it to you without any hindrance. The title deed of the property has to be perused to see whether the rights of ownership have been exclusively transferred to her.

    Unless her daughters are able to show that their mother was not competent to sell the property they have no right over the property to take a stand in the court of law. Also, you should contact a local lawyer and get the relevant deeds vetted by him before purchasing the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, Iam from hyderabad, Iam the owner of one of flat out of 15 Flats…

My father and Mother (joint ownership) is going to transfer a property in my name.The…

I want to sale my flat , 1, share certificate & agreemnet has both son…

I have made a property challan at Panvel, Mumbai. The challan was made Online via…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly