Change in documentations.

I am the only son (child) of my parent. My mother died 16 years back. And my father died last year. My father bought a flat. He did not make any will. Being a son I have replaced his name with mine in electric Meyer and municipality mutation record. Is this enough in case I want to sale the property? Or I need to contact the BLRO office and add my name there?

Answers (1)

86 votes
Collect the legal heir certificate for your future convenience. Apply to the Society for transferring the share allotted in the name of your father as member of the society, in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles