Cancellation of will registered by court on inherited property.

My grandfather has given a will to my stepsister stating that she will be the rightful owner in absence of my father as his elder son has immigrant to other country and father is living with another wife in another state but will clear that if my father comes back he will have his share and one share is for my stepsister and one for my uncle who might be back incase.but my sister refuses to gv the share of my father as a result my father is mental disturb and becamemental paitent aftet 14 yrs i got to now the story and want to move to the musiff court whr my grandfather registered the will .but some are saying that i cant fight on property whn my father is alive.can i take this with court if yes can i cancel the will as it is inherited property and if my stepsister get share and why not my father sisters will get it from it .what documents i have get ready for my case to make it strong

Answers (1)

170 votes

Read your query and my advice to you is , first I have to check the will of your grandfather, after reading, I will get to know ,whether we can challenge the will or not, the second option is if your father is mentally unfit you required the certificate of a doctor and then your father can file a suit for his share of property through you in the concerned court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles