Can we file a suit against a builder for delay in giving possession

under what circumstances we can file a suit against builder for late delay of possession of the house.

Answers (1)

313 votes

it is often seen that Builders used to delay possession of the flat. usually not giving possession within the time period specified in the agreements is termed as 'Delay'. you can approach to the Consumer Forum for the proper and effective remedy which is time saving, speedy and cost effective. you can get the possession as well as compensation for the same from Consumer Forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles