quesCan we buy property without surety signature of younger son?

I want to buy a property in Bangalore. It is a house built on 40x30 site. This site was allotted to the mother of the present owner. The issue is, his mother had made the will on two sons and later on she cancelled the will. Later she got the property got registered to his elder son's name. Now the elder son is saying he donesn't know about the whereabouts of his brother and he can not take any surety signature for the sale deed. Is it is Ok to buy this proerty without the surety signature of the younger son. Will it have any legal implications later on. Pls. advise.

  • ans

    Your query is silent on the fact how the mother got the property registered on his elder son’s  name . Was it a Gift deed or Will?

    If the owner i.e elder son has a copy of registred Will, then we suggest that he should get the same probated and then you can buy the property. However without copy of Will or any legal document we will not suggest you to buy this property without signatures of other son, as at later stage, he can file suit for partition and cancellation of sale deed.

    Furthermore, we suggest you to consult local lawyers in Bangolre, after examining the documents and performing complete due diligence of title, they may be able to further provide legal solution.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

As our ancestral agricultural land was sold to industrial partnership company in 1981. And this…
A dead HINDU father in his will has quoted that the property is to be…
 I am buying a flat in resale. Still the registration with is not done by…
Background: My father has a DDA leased property. Leased expired in 1992 and no action…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly