Can the ownership be altered from sale deed to registry of property

Purchased a property and have a sale deed on 2 names. (Myself and my wife). Now builder is going to register the property in our names. I would like to know if I can register that property in just my wife's name instead of 2 of our names as mentioned in the sale need. If its possible what documents are needed? Thanks

Yes you can do registration in your wife name , consult lawyers and arrange draft and change name or a fresh , that is rectification deed , consult and arrange to put your wife name accordingly , consult for this.