Can the ownership be altered from sale deed to registry of property

Purchased a property and have a sale deed on 2 names. (Myself and my wife). Now builder is going to register the property in our names. I would like to know if I can register that property in just my wife's name instead of 2 of our names as mentioned in the sale need. If its possible what documents are needed? Thanks

Answers (1)

314 votes

Yes you can do registration in your wife name , consult lawyers and arrange draft and change name or a fresh , that is rectification deed , consult and arrange to put your wife name accordingly , consult for this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles